As a private paediatrics practice, our first objective is to make sure your concerns about your child’s health and welfare are addressed quickly, with a very high standard of care.
In most cases, parents first seek advice from their General Practitioner (GP). Depending on the symptoms, your GP may feel more confident calling in a paediatrician to deal with an issue, or issues. They will then provide you with a referral to a paediatrician.
As a group practice we will aim to provide your child or children with an appointment as quickly as possible. If you already use the services of a Darwin Paediatrics practitioner, and your regular paediatrician is unavailable, we will do our best ensure one of our other paediatricians is available to see you and your child as soon as possible.
We offer diagnostic and treatment options for newborns through to adolescents (16 years of age). The kind of issues we manage include:
• Neonatal issues including, feeding and sleeping disorders
• Congenital anomalies
• Gastrointestinal issues such as colic and reflux
• Developmental, cognitive and behavioural conditions
• Learning difficulties
• Incontinence, bed-wetting and constipation
• Neurological conditions
• Asthma and other respiratory conditions
• Infectious diseases
• Sleep difficulties
• Skin conditions
• Antenatal consultation
• Attendance at deliveries
• Newborn and 6 week baby checks